Herve Ouanezar, MD
Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon
Hip, Knee and Trauma Surgery
Dr. Herve Ouanezar MD is a USA fellowship-trained Orthopaedic Surgeon specialized in Hip, Knee and Trauma Surgery.
He currently holds a position of Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at DxBone - Bone and Joint Excellence Center in Dubai, UAE.
After graduating at Lyon University Medical School, he accomplished his residency in Orthopaedic Surgery in the same city in France. Subsequently, he completed three world-renowned fellowships in Sports Medicine and Knee Surgery including one at the prestigious Hospital for Special Surgery FIFA Medical Centre in New York, USA.
During his training, Dr. Ouanezar served as team physician, and has treated recreational and professional athletes in a multitude of sports (football, basketball, ski, etc.). He has a special interest in sports-related injuries in soccer players.
Dr. Ouanezar is a graduate of the FIFA Medical Diploma and the International Olympic Committee Diploma. His clinical interests include hip pathology, knee pathology and traumatology.
Dr. Ouanezar has utilized his vast and comprehensive research on sports medicine injuries to improve patient care. He has published more than 25 peer-reviewed scientific manuscripts and book chapters and has given professional presentations, symposia, and instructional course lectures.
His personal athletic accomplishments have given him a unique insight and understanding of the importance of maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATION
- Medical School - Bachelor of Surgery and Medicine, University Lyon - France
- Diploma in Orthopaedic Surgery - Lyon France
- USA Accredited Sports Medicine Fellowship at HSS, New York - USA
- FIFA Diploma in Football Medicine
- International Olympic Committee Diploma in Sports Medicine
- Active Member SFA, AOSSM, ESSKA, ISAKOS and APKASS
- Chief of Orthopaedic Surgery, Emirates Hospital Group, Dubai - UAE
- Medical Director, Emirates SportsMed, Dubai - UAE
- 3 International Accredited Knee Surgery and Sports Medicine Fellowships
- Active Reviewer AJSM, OJSM, OTSR, JKS
AREAS OF INTEREST
- Total Hip Replacement, Anterior Approach, Dual Mobility Cup
- Hip Arthroscopy
- Hip Fracture
- Total Knee Replacement, Partial Knee Replacement
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Injury
- Meniscus tears and their management (including meniscal repair and meniscus transplantation)
- Complex multi-ligament knee injuries
- Patella Instability
- Tibial Plateau Fracture
- Lower Limb Fracture
- Acetabulum and Pelvic Fracture
- Femoral Fracture
- Tibial Plateau Fracture
- Bimalleolar Fracture
- Achilles Tendon Rupture
Request An Appointment
Contact us using the form below.